Friday, August 9, 2013

Week One of Monster Dash Training

Well, I suppose I should do an actual update.  I have been feeling very uninspired as far as blogging goes lately, I'm hoping that changes shortly.  I have a lot of thoughts swirling around in my head, but not nearly enough time or energy to get them composed.

Monday I started Week 1 of Monster Dash Half Marathon training.  This is what my week looks like:

  • Monday - 3 miles (A gorgeous evening run around Lake Phalen)
  • Tuesday - 2 miles (Tried a new trail, planned an easy two miles...took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up doing half of it on hilly trails.  It was brutal but kind of fun.)
  • Wednesday - Weight Training
  • Thursday - 3 miles (Pushed myself HARD on the treadmill at about 9:30pm....dripping sweat.  I eeked out an 11:04 min/mile pace which is by far my best for 3 miles.  Slow for some, fast for me.)

  • Today - Rest Day....I did 30 minutes on the elliptical which is pretty much rest as far as I'm concerned
  • Saturday - 4 miles
  • Sunday - Cross Training
I've been listening to a sermon series from Elevation Church called Treatment during my runs lately.  

It is a four part series that deals with depression, anxiety, addiction and insecurity.  I highly recommend giving it a listen if you struggle with any of those things....and let's be honest, who doesn't?  I frequently need a reminder of who God says I am and these were so helpful with that.  

Outside of that, we've just been enjoying as much of this awesome weather as we can.  There have been many picnics and playground trips lately.  



On Saturday I had a fun Mommy/Daughter day with Rory.  We took Lena for a "run" in the morning, which was a lot of fun.  We only went about 3/4 mile, but she ran quite a bit.  Rory really wants to run with me and I promised her that if she could run/walk 3 miles with me by next summer, she could do the Color Run with me.  She is built like me and loves to eat anything with sugar and flour so I am bound and determined to make sure she doesn't end up just like her mom.  I don't want her going through the pain of being the "fat kid".  It would break my heart so I'm doing my best to get her excited about eating healthy and getting exercise. 

The scale hasn't moved much lately, which I am kind of ok with and kind of not ok with.  I don't want to be stuck here permanently.  I know that my body is very comfortable with the weight I am right now.  I spent most of my high school at this weight, but I don't want to stop here.  I want to take this body to places it hasn't been before and I'm trying to keep moving forward, no matter how long it takes.  I'm not giving up.

I hope you are all enjoying August.  This summer is going so incredibly fast!        


No comments:

Post a Comment