Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sunshine on my Shoulders

It was a BEAUTIFUL spring day here in Minnesota.  The weather was just about perfect for the fishing opener, if you were doing that sort of thing.  I bought Dora and Diego fishing rods for the two big kids (like 2 and 3 years old is "big" somehow, but in our house it is).  I grew up fishing, but my dad pretty much did everything for us, so when I went to get the rest of the gear at Fleet Farm last night, I was completely overwhelmed.  I'm not sure we'll be fishing anytime too soon.  How in the world do people use all that stuff?!?

We spent most of the day outside planting flowers and weeding and doing all the other fun things that come with owning a home.  I love sunshine, it makes me so much happier.

I had a decent run this morning.  I wanted to stop pretty much immediately, but I just pushed through it.  I decided to start the Bridge to 10K running program now.  Not because I have any plans to run a 10K, I just don't have the time to train for something like that, but because I need some kind of structure to keep me motivated.  It is a 6 week program and I figure that it will help me improve my 5K time.  The first week is four repetitions of 10 minutes running and 1 minute walking with 5 minute warm up and cool down, so about 53/54 minutes.  I was really not wanting to do the last 10 minute interval, but I knew I'd be mad at myself later if I didn't just press on and get through it.  I hit the bridge of "Your Great Name" by Natalie Grant right as I was getting near the end.  With the words "Redeemer, my Healer, Lord Almighty, My Savior, Defender, you are My King" running through my head and the bright sun shining on my face, there was no stopping me!  I did find out that I don't run very straight and I probably shouldn't close my eyes while running because I almost wound up in the lake.  I was enjoying that moment a bit too much.

I will be back tomorrow with a longer post.  I've been mulling over an internal struggle that I'm having with the balance between love and truth....until then.  Happy Mother's Day to all the people who are or serve as mother's! 



No comments:

Post a Comment