Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fill My Mouth With Your Words

Hello, Hello!  Happy Tuesday to all of you. 

I just got back from a lovely run.  The breeze off of the lake was perfect tonight, it was just a nice, laid back run at the end of the day.  I think it was the first time where I just kind of felt like I was enjoying myself and not worried about pushing myself.  I completely forgot to use my inhaler before I left, so I'm paying for it now, but it was still nice.

Mother's Day was nice.  We went to church, my little sister and I took the two big kids to get their hair cut while the little one napped and the hubby made brunch.  The kiddos made some beautiful artwork for me at daycare (some day I might actually take the time to post some pictures on here) and James got me a Keurig with a large assortment of coffee.  I kept telling him that we didn't need one, but now that I have one, it has saved me time and money.  I think the lovely people at Super America are going to miss me and my morning coffee purchases. 

I'd like to say that the rest of the day was perfect, but the afternoon was rough.  James had to go to sleep around 1pm so he was ready for a night of work and the kids didn't want to nap.  They were all crabby, whiny and fighting non stop.  There was a sink full of dishes and I was about to loose my mind, so I do what I always do when that happens, I called my mommy.  She had been out of town to visit her mom but just got back so I asked if she would mind some visitors.  She was happy to oblige so I loaded up the bunch and off to Grandma's we headed.  We enjoyed a crazy and messy dinner at Dairy Queen and hung out for a bit and then headed home.  I'm so glad my mom is only a phone call away, I really don't know what I would do without her.  I guess it was a good way to celebrate my mom!  Thanks, Mom!

On Sunday night I was really thinking about how crazy and frantic my life is most of the time and how good I am at making it seem like I have everything together.  Usually, when people see my three kids or hear that I have a 9 month old, 2 year old and 3 year old, their first comment to me is "I don't know how you do it".  I just wanted to take a minute to address all of those people and let you know that I wouldn't even survive if I didn't have God to help me through it. 

If you were a fly on the wall in our house on the 4 mornings a week that I have to get myself and the kids up, dressed and out the door, ready for the day, you would see that I don't do it very well.  I frequently loose my temper with them.  On the weekends I often can't wait until nap time so that I can have a little bit of time to myself...and then when one or more of them decide that they aren't going to nap, I get angry and resentful and it just isn't pretty.  I hate that I can get so burnt out that I find myself wishing away the time I spend with them.  It breaks my heart.  I love all of them so much and I love watching them grow into little people with their own special gifts and passions.  I need to do a better job of not sweating the small stuff and spending more time finding the joy in the day to day routine I have with them.  I know one thing for sure, there is nothing easy about having three small kids!  People tell me all the time at work that I am so patient, but I feel like I have so far to go in that area at home.  

I'm still working on the post I mentioned previously about my struggle between love and truth.  I am taking my time on it because I want it to accurately reflect my heart.  I don't want to rush it.  To sum it up though, I feel like there is a huge divide among Christians.  There are love people and there are truth people and they are constantly criticising each other's views.  I think that they are both important and I think we need to blend them together, and that is what I am trying to wrap my head around.  More to come on that.  I just keep asking for God to give me some clarity and help me to understand his heart on this topic.  I want him to fill my mouth/head with His words. 

I think that about does it for tonight.  I have a date with the fabulous fairy tale of Queen Esther.  Take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment