Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve 2012

Well, the end of 2012 is upon us and 2013 is right around the corner.  2012 has been a good year for me, but I'm looking forward to working on goals in 2013 (more to come on that).

I wanted to do a quick post on the eve of the Polar Dash 5K.  It will be an interesting race given the estimated temperature for tomorrow


Race time is 11:13 for the 5K, so it will be brisk, but better than the 10K and Half Marathon folks get.

I started running with music again so decided to make a playlist specifically for the race

1) Good Morning - Mandisa & Toby Mac
2) Keep Your Eyes Open - needtobreathe
3) Dark Horses - John Foreman
4) It's Time - Imagine Dragons
5) Fire Fire - Flyleaf
6) You Won't Know - Brand New
7) You Know Me - Bethel Music Loft Sessions
8) The Arms of Sorrow - Killswitch Engage
9) Forever Reign - Passion
10) How He Loves - David Crowder Band

I still have a goal of finishing in under 37 minutes or 12:00 minute miles, but if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to be too heartbroken since running a 5K on the 1st of January in Minnesota is a pretty good start to the year.  If you would have asked me January 1st 2012 what I'd be doing a year from then, I definitely wouldn't have said running a 5K.

I'll be back with a race recap tomorrow!  Wish me luck and pray for warmth!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment