Monday, March 19, 2012

Diving In

I have been ignoring what I believe to be the prompting of God to start a blog for a couple of months now, but today I'm taking the plunge and diving in.

Blogging for me is a bit scary since most people that know me, know that I don't really talk that much.  While that is true, it is not for a lack of thoughts, but a constant feeling that I need to keep my thoughts inside for fear of offending someone or having someone think poorly of me.  However, I've learned over the last 30 years that being consistently mild mannered and reserved makes me forgettable and boring and prevents me from entering into relationships that go beyond pleasantries.

I think that this blog could end up being a bit of a mish mash of topics, but there will be two themes that will be re-occuring.  1) The desire to grow in my relationship with God and become a fully committed follower who seeks to be more like Jesus  2) The need for the Holy Spirit to intervene in my life to help me have the self control and discipline to lose weight and improve my physical and emotional health

I'm not looking to make any money or be followed by thousands of people.  I just want to actually take the time to relay some of the thoughts that I have, get input from other people and watch what God can do! 


No comments:

Post a Comment