Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Catching Up

I suppose I should probably write a new post or something.....it has been 23 days since the last one and that feels like a really long time ago.

We've been very busy since then.  Here are some of the highlights from that time


  • Family trip to middle of nowhere Wisconsin July 2-4
    • I don't have any pictures on this computer, but it was a lot of fun and also extremely exhausting.  Huge thank you to my brother-in-law for letting us join him in a BEAUTIFUL "cabin" that was much nicer and larger than our home.  It was nice to enjoy time with family and I even got out for a 4 mile run while we were there. 
  • 4th of July Fireworks with the entire family
    • I thought I had some pictures, but I can't seem to find them now.  Everyone survived and I got kind of emotional because it was the first time we've ever been able to go with the whole family
  • James took a weekend trip to Wisconsin and I held down the fort 
    • I may have bribed them with ice cream on Friday night....shhh....don't tell anyone, k
  • I did The Color Run
    • It was a blast.  I wasn't at all worried about time, I just wanted to have fun.  I ran with my friend Kelley and we had a great time.  I even found my Sister-in-Law and her family at the end of the race and we snapped a few pictures.  I completely recommend this as an active family activity or for someone who wants a good first 5K goal, so much fun and no pressure.  This is the first time I've actually run along side someone else for a race and it made the time fly by, I might have to find running partners more often.  I promised Rory that if she could walk/run three miles by this time next year she could do it with me.





  • We enjoyed the wonderfully awful Ramsey County Fair.  I'd say it is the biggest disgrace for a county fair, but we went to one up in Two Harbors, MN once that was pretty terrible too.
 All three kiddos checking out some sheep

 Rory and Rage on the Helicopter Ride

 Rory and Rage on the 4 Wheeler Ride

 The coolest thing at the fair....a cow that you can "milk"

On our way home.  Her legs got tired.  Go figure.

  • My baby turned 2 and we had a great family party with my niece who turned 1
 Oskar (2) and Etta (1)
 Our family (Thanks for such a great photo Chris!)
Two year difference for my little Oskar man
  • I hurt my hip....trying to lay off running to recover but it doesn't really feel like it is improving.  No idea what happened.  It bothered me last summer but was fine for the fall, winter and spring.  Now it has returned with a vengeance.  
  • I'm in Wisconsin for work for the next couple days
    • I love my family, but it is kind of glorious to have time to myself for the next couple of days.  I plan on using every minute of it!

So other than that, not too much is going on.  I lost a ton of weight (close to 6 pounds) the 2nd week in July for no apparent reason and then I went completely off the rails and couldn't stop eating last week/weekend and gained pretty much all of it back.  I was bound and determined to make Monday a better day and have done a pretty good job of keeping things in line since then.  It was kind of scary how little control I had last week.  I consumed like 3,500 calories one day, which is 2,000 more than my goal.  I learned a lot from it and I'm looking forward.  I need a way to keep my hormones in check....guys, be thankful you don't have to deal with this lovely aspect of weight loss.

God has been working on softening my heart a lot lately.  I've been really bitter/angry with our work/family schedule lately and it has been taking a toll on our relationship. We're working through it and God is showing up big time.  The last two weeks at church our usual worship leader was out and the guy filling in for him just completely crushed me with his little devotional/talks before the final songs.  Both weeks I just cried during the last worship song because God used him to speak right to my heart with issues that were very present in my life that day.  I love my church.

On Oskar's actual birthday I was having a particularly rough evening because James was home with the kids during the day but had to work that night so he had to go to bed as soon as I got home and we didn't get to spend the evening as a family.  I know he needs to sleep so he can function at work, but I still let it bother me way too much.  I was feeling so alone because I just miss being able to spend time together as a family.  As I was tucking Rory in for bed, I was exhausted.  She asked me to read from a children's devotional book that I got for them and I told her it was too late, but she quickly reminded me of something I had once told her..."but Mommy, we always have time for God".  So glad I have my little accountability girl.  I found the entry for the day and started to read through it and had to stop to gain composure a couple of times.  Here is what it said


It is a pretty small picture, so in case you can't read it, Matthew 18:20 is the verse for the day

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

The commentary goes on to say, "When you and your family pray before dinner, God is there. When you play outside with a friend in the world God created, God is there.  When you sing a song about God or thank him for all the great things he's given you, God is there.  So when you want to spend time with God, grab a friend.  Then invite God to join you."

It was a very needed reminder for me that day that I'm never alone.  God is always with me and I just felt like he was giving me a great big hug when I read this.  I'm so thankful that I have a little girl who loves Jesus so very much.  She is always asking questions that get us discussing God and how wonderful he is.  It is truly a blessing to have her around.

I think that about does it for now.  Not much else going on.  Thanks for reading!  Have a wonderful day!

What would a post be if I didn't share one of my favorite songs of late :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment